With PayPal's Pay in 4, customers pay for their purchases in four simple interest-free payments and you get paid up front. Pay in 4 and PayPal Credit* are already included in your PayPal Checkout integration at no additional cost. And since AmeriCommerce already has Pay in 4 integrated, enabling it on your site is easy.
* PayPal Credit is subject to consumer credit approval.
Benefits for your customers:
- Payment flexibility - You get paid up front, while your customers pay later.
- Interest-free - With Pay in 4, your customers can pay over time, and there’s no hidden
- Access to financing - Pay later options through PayPal, the brand they know and trust.
Benefits for your business:
- No additional costs - Pay later offers are included in your existing PayPal rate.**
- More sales - Attract new customers and help increase average order size.
- Easy promotion - Add dynamic pay later messaging to your site through your AmeriCommerce PayPal Checkout integration
** Standard pricing applies. Find out more about fees here.
PayPal Checkout Setup
In order to offer Pay in 4, you must have PayPal Checkout activated on your online store. PayPal Checkout can be enabled in AmeriCommerce Apps & Addons:
- Navigate to Tools > Apps & Addons > PayPal Checkout
- Click on the PayPal Login or Sign up button
- Follow the prompts to connect your PayPal account to your online store
More information on connecting PayPal Checkout can be found here.
Enable Pay in 4
To enable Buy Now Pay Later (Pay in 4) navigate to your PayPal Checkout settings by going to Tools > Apps & Addons > PayPal Checkout. At the bottom of the settings panel is a setting to enable Pay in 4.
Use this setting to display PayPal Credit promotional messaging on product details and shopping cart page automatically.
You can also customize where to display the message by moving these merge codes:
- ##PAYPALPRODUCTPROMOTION## - merge code for product detail theme page
- ##PAYPALCARTPROMOTION## - merge code for shopping cart theme page
The ##PAYPALCARTPROMOTION## merge code works on all pages. For example, if you wanted to display this on the one page checkout, You can simply add it to the theme page by going to Themes > Edit Theme > Pages > Select page type > HTML Editor. See the screenshots below for examples.
Here's an example of messaging on product detail page:
Here's an example of messaging on the shopping cart page:
If you don't see PayPal buttons on your shopping cart or checkout page:
- Make sure you enabled PayPal Checkout for your store.
- Make sure you use an incognito browser window or logout of the Admin (Live design may hide PayPal buttons).
- Make sure the merge code is in your theme and bootstrap references exist as well
If you are still experiencing issues, feel free to contact our support team by phone, support ticket or live chat and we'll give you a hand.