Note: This is will require custom development at a cost. You cannot set this up on your own. This article is strictly for information regarding the settings for accounts that are already set up with this custom implementation. If you would like this feature implemented in your store, please let us know and we will get that process started for you.
The Rewards Points feature, in conjunction with Custom Fields, in AmeriCommerce Online Stores gives store owners the ability to send customers rewards points on their birthdays. To take advantage of this, please let us know and we can start the process for you.
Birthday Custom Field
The Birthday Custom Field is how you will store the customers birthday. To view this, navigate to Tools > Power Features > Custom Fields
- Name: This is the title or Name of the custom field that will be used throughout the site in your merges. Be sure to name it something unique so it will be easily identifiable
- Label: This is the text displayed to the customer next to the field. HTML is able to be used in the label field.
- Field Type: This needs to be set to Customers.
- Input Type: Set to "Calendar/Date Picker"
- Field Width: Field Width determines the max length of the data that can be entered. Entering 0 will disable the limit. This will only affect String input type.
- Sort Order: Sort Order can be used to change the layout of the custom fields in terms of placement relative to the other custom fields. In terms of sort order, lower numbers come first.
- Show on Stores: This is the option to chose which store this Custom Field is applicable on.
- Private: If set to private, the field will only be accessible to admin user. It will be used for manual Order/Customer creating through the admin console.
- Required: (Recommended) If this is enabled, the customer account cannot be created until it is filled out.
- Searchable: Setting this value to true will allow an admin user to look up customers based on their birthdays.
- Unique: Sets whether this field is unique. If a field is set as unique, then no two entries can have the same value for this Custom Field. This should be unchecked.
- Show On Order Edit Page: If selected, this field will show on the Order Edit screen in the admin console.
- Show On One Page Checkout: If checked, this field will be displayed to the customer on One Page Checkout.
- Display Location: Changes where the custom field will appear. This is only applicable for order type custom fields.
- Read Only: (Recommended off) Restrict the places that this field can be written to. This will disable validation of the field.
Last Birthday Reward Sent
To view this, Navigate to: Customers > Edit Customer > General and this will be located in the Custom Fields details section.
A custom Email Template will need to be created in order to send customers a notification of their Birthday Rewards. To learn more about Email Templates click here.
Birthday Rewards Options
After the feature is added to the store, you will find new "Store Custom Fields" in:
Settings > Store Information > Store Custom Fields
These fields are where you set the options for:
- Number of Birthday Points to issue
- The email template to send out for the Birthday Rewards Notification
- How many days before the birthday, to issue rewards and send the email