- Register for an Amazon S3 Account
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) Setup
- Setup your AmeriCommerce Online Stores store to work with Amazon S3 storage for eProduct delivery
- Associate Amazon S3 file URLs with your AmeriCommerce Online Stores eProducts
This article will guide on How to Setup Amazon S3 for use with eProducts. The Amazon s3 service can be used to store your eProduct deliverables.
Register for an Amazon Account
You will need to create an account for Amazon to gain Access Keys so your 3rd party program can control your images.
- Click here to go to the sign-up page.
- Select the Sign Up For Amazon S3 button.
- Enter your email address, select new customer and click the sign in button.
- Fill out the next few pages with contact information., credit card information and billing information.
- After successfully signing up, go to Your Account > Access Identifiers.
- Collect your Access Key ID and Secret Key ID (These will be placed in step 3).
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) Setup
This document explains how to upload your files to the Amazon S3 Storage location.
*The bucket name must be lowercase with no underscores.*
Setup your Americommerce AmeriCommerce Online Stores store to work with Amazon S3 storage for eProduct delivery.
- Store level settings.
- Go to Settings > Catalog > General
- Scroll down to the eProduct Settings section
- Enter the Amazon S3 Access Key obtained when you signed up for Amazon S3 service in step 1 above.
- Enter the Amazon S3 Secret Key obtained when you signed up for Amazon S3 service in step 1 above.
- Enter the Amazon S3 eProduct Bucket name created with the Amazon AWS Management Console in step 2 above.
Associate Amazon S3 file URLs with your Americommerce
- Product Editor.
- Go to Catalog > Products
- Browse to the product you would like to associate your Amazon S3 file to and select Edit.
- Select the eProduct Tab.
- In the eProduct Delivery Link Action choose : Amazon S3 Delivery
- Enter the Amazon URL in eProduct Delivery Link URL
Note: If your files are in the root of the Amazon bucket, it will look like the following example
- Example URL: filename.mp3
NOTE: If your file is in a subfolder of the bucket, you will need to add the sub-folder path to your URL.
Example URL: /myfolder/filename.mp3
The folder name cannot contain any uppercase characters or underscores, however the file name can.
- Mass Import/Export.
- On your csv file generated via a Product Export, find the eProductURL column header.
- Enter the Amazon file URL.
- Example URL: filename.mp3
- The eProduct Delivery Link URL using Amazon S3 does not start with the leading / before the folder name.
- The folder name cannot contain any uppercase characters or underscores, however the file name can.
- Importing the file will insert the URL for the eProduct.