To display a product in multiple categories, you have to assign the product to the categories of your choice. Assigning a product to multiple categories can be done through the:
Assigning Multiple Categories in the Product Editor
- Browse to the product under Catalog > Products.
- Choose the product you wish to edit and select "edit".
- Select "Categories" in the left hand side of the editor. Choose from your existing Categories you would like this item to belong to and Click the "+" Button to assign the product to the selected category.
- You can repeat this process and assign the product to muliple categories of your choice.
- Click Save to save the settings to the product.
Assigning Multiple Categories with the Import Tool
You can use the import tool to assign a product to multiple categories:
- The category list is placed in the CategoryList column of the .csv file.
- Multiple categories are separated by a pipie (|). If it is a nested category tree, seperate the parent categories with a GreaterThan(>)character, and for each additional category tree the product should be listed under, separate by a pipe(|). Example: ACCESSORIES>TABLEWARE>SPOONS|ACCESSORIES>TABLEWARE>EATING UTENSILS - this example will place the product in the Spoons category as well as the Eating Utensils category.
- The first category will be assigned as the primary category. In this example, Spoons.
- If the category does not exist when it is uploaded, a category of this name will be created. The upload tool will create the entire tree if it does not exist.
- Your product can belong to as many additional categories as you would like.