AmeriCommerce offers basic tech support to current AmeriCart and AmeriCommerce online customers. We advise all prospective customers and clients to become familiar with our support policy.
Our Support department is available to troubleshoot issues and assist with anything regarding the following. If you'd like to give feedback or request functionality, the quickest way is to send us a suggestion at vote.americommerce.com . Higher levels of staff view this, and we try to add in requests whenever possible.
This is a user driven system our developers use when adding and making changes to AmeriCommerce online stores . We'd love to hear your ideas so let us know what you'd like to see!
Free Tech Support Includes:
- Making sure your online store is available 24/7
- Providing answers and resources regarding technical issues related to web hosting. Issues such as email, domain names, DNS servers, and SSL questions.
- Entering and checking the status of Support Tickets
- Investigating bug reports and escalating software defects to the development team
- Helping with issues regarding Americart and AmeriCommerce online stores.
What's Not Included?
Free Tech Support does not include:
- Troubleshooting and altering, editing, or fixing HTML/CSS or any other custom work done. We have trained tech support agents with expanded knowledge of our software. Any template customizations are not supported by the AmeriCommerce support department. If you need to know more about widgets and theme customization, our knowledge base contains many articles on theme & site design. (See below)
- Advanced one-on-one phone or email-based training or walk through - For fairness and courtesy for all of our customers, we try to give everyone the same treatment and support with a ticketing based system to get quicker answers in a more efficient manner. If it is something that requires more extensive testing and researching to find an issue, or if it is a very long walk-through that requires one on one training or help with other departments, a support ticket will need to be made. We do provide training with our advanced options and offer free knowledge base articles and video walk through on basic set ups as well as in-admin help by clicking the blue (?) icon next to each option.
- Accounting Issues - Your account invoices, payments, or refunds will need to be taken care of in the accounting department. We can, however, guide you on making the changes to your "My Account" areas, paying an invoice in your admin, or assign tickets over to our accounting team for billing clarification/refunds.
- Extensive support for third party apps, software, and add-ons and/or user accounts outside of your AmeriCommerce online store - This includes third party software we do not integrate with. We are not able to provide any knowledge or support for any third party gateways, merchant services or third party software we do not integrate with. We are unable to provide any "How To's" help and tutorials or modify or provide support on the use of any third party company outside of any documentation we've been provided by the companies we do integrate with. Search engines on the web can help more with any questions you have, or visit the website of and/or contact the company in question to get faster service.
- Need help with a third party application? Check out our Guide To Third Party Apps & Add Ons. You'll find more information on each one we integrate with, as well as contact info and forums to chat with other users to get the answer you need faster.
- Creating or editing any content or settings in the client's admin console. For a feature that is not offered in the admin console, it will need to be checked to see if we can custom develop it for you for a fee. Our tech support agents are not able to make changes or add/remove features from your AmeriCommerce online store admin. Also, all of your passwords, customer passwords and credit card numbers as well as CVV's are truncated so we cannot see this. If you need to know more info, you can always View The Audit History of your console at any time.
- Changing or Creating Features On AmeriCommerce online stores. Our tech support agents are not in control of how the platform functions and why it functions in a particular way, etc. and there are steps in place with our policy of how to add or alter features of your administration console and how the platform runs for your store. Our agents don't make the software, but there is a place for you if you have feedback you'd like to give. If you are not satisfied with what you see and want to see more or have any general feedback and ideas, send it here: send us a suggestion at vote.americommerce.com. Our agents are here to help and answer questions and teach you how to use the platform as it stands, not add or remove anything. For any customizations of something that is added to the admin console that is not currently in place or in the works for the future, this will require custom development which is for a fee. See more info below. If you want to be up-to-date with fixes and features as they come, check out our Release History Blog.
- Importing, Exporting, or Transferring of your store's orders or data. If you have questions on this, check out all of our articles on importing/exporting data.
- API Support or Assistance. This assistance will have to be purchased as it is outside the scope of support and is considered Advanced Support.
Note: If you need help with theme modification, AmeriCommerce can do this at an hourly rate with paid training or purchased design implementation. For information, check the links below to get the process started.
- Help Articles on Theme & Site Design
- Tips and Tricks With CSS on w3schools.com
- Tips and Tricks with HTML on w3schools.com
Advanced Support Options
For the following options, you will need to speak to sales for a quote as these fall under the category of billable services for they require specific hours set aside for an hourly rate. Our support agents are not able to help you with the following:
- Training and In-Depth Walkthroughs
- Web Design
- Custom Development
- Site Implementation and Theme Modification
- Data Restoration
- API Support or Assistance
- SEO Support or Assistance
Zero Tolerance Policy
Zero Tolerance Policy on the misuse of support resources:
At AmeriCommerce we do reserve the right to refuse service to anyone based on the lack of professionalism presented. Users will be presented warnings based on the severity of the issue which can lead to the temporary banning of entering tickets or calling in, or in extreme cases, loss of basic support privileges and only being assisted by managers when time permits.
Infractions can be caused by the following:
- Cursing in tickets in phone calls in ANY capacity.
- Sexist, racial, religious, political, jingoist or ageist remarks of ANY nature.
- Creating multiple tickets/calls in an attempt to get different agents to ignore support policy.